MISSSIONS OF SFN
The SFN-French Nutrition Society is a non-profit organization (under 1901 law) which main objectives are:
- to contribute to the improvement of nutrition knowledge, especially regarding research
- to promote nutrition in all society fields where it could play a role
- to take part in teaching and training as well as in information about nutrition
- to represent French nutritionists at European (FENS) and International (IUNS) levels.
To reach these objectives, The SFN :
- is open to all actors implicated in animal or human nutriiton
- will cover all fields involving Nutrition
- will promote the links of SFN with basic, clinical and applied research and various society sectors
- will organise each year one or several scientific meetings, alone or in combination with other non-profit organizations or parties
- will generate opportunities for collective expertises
- will dispatch information and reports, especially via its journal, Les Cahiers de Nutrition et de Diététique
- will ensure an optimal leadership for French nutrition among national and international bodies
The SFN is managed by a board of 24 members, elected by the general Assembly.
- At least one annual national Conference is organised under the behalf of SFN, potentially in combination with other national or international non- profit organizations or parties.
- The SFN owns the journal « Cahiers de Nutrition et de Diététique », an acknowledged pluridisciplinary journal and communication tool. It publishes news, editorials, litterature reviews, original articles, training and teaching documents about all nutrition-related topics from food to dietary behavior.
- Our hope is that this SFN internet website will allow optimized information exchanges and contacts for everybody at national or international level in the field of nutrition.
- SFN has raised a direct link with its members thanks to a directory (with restricted access to members).